Spec 'B' trans
-
Sixty3GL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:29 pm
Spec 'B' trans
So, I'm a couple weeks from purchasing my tranny from Jake....
will I need HD axles, or stock? anything else special I'll need? Anyone who has used Jake's trannies? It's going in a '58 German-Rat-Look beetle.
will I need HD axles, or stock? anything else special I'll need? Anyone who has used Jake's trannies? It's going in a '58 German-Rat-Look beetle.
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
-
Sixty3GL
- Posts: 109
- Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:29 pm
-
marekv8
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:50 pm
I'm running Jake's "B" transaxle with his 2270. Like he says.. "it's all in the combo", and it's really true. Jake added a Quaife LSD and I would highly recommend it for your swing axle-- it should really be a stock option on his transaxle page. I was told the HD short axles weren't necessary, but I added them anyway (Sway-a-Way) just to complete the SaW swing axle checklist.
Regards, Dave[/b]
Regards, Dave[/b]
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
I have offered it before, but no longer. The cryo process for a tranny with as small of a profit margin as the "B" kills us in the wallet. The cryo work is time consuimng, expensive and adds more hassles than we could charge for.
Want bad ass??Open the wallet and buy the "C" tranny and a Super Hero to back it up!
Want bad ass??Open the wallet and buy the "C" tranny and a Super Hero to back it up!
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am