found it on the samba. just curious if it is another fake!!!
is this actually you jake?
-
madpballer
- Posts: 334
- Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:52 am
is this actually you jake?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/ ... ?id=262889
found it on the samba. just curious if it is another fake!!!
found it on the samba. just curious if it is another fake!!!
- dstar
- Posts: 3733
- Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:01 am
Does he get Jake's *work*, or parts?
Like I sed, if he doesn't use Jake *blessed* parts......
I'm not saying Mark isn't a good or GREAT engine builder, but you
are not getting Jake's attention to detail.
Again, without that, just another T4 engine builder...there are many.
Hell, I'll build you a Jake kit for $300 labor too!
The work is already done and the rest is ASSEMBLY, a nice weekend
project.
Don
Like I sed, if he doesn't use Jake *blessed* parts......
I'm not saying Mark isn't a good or GREAT engine builder, but you
are not getting Jake's attention to detail.
Again, without that, just another T4 engine builder...there are many.
Hell, I'll build you a Jake kit for $300 labor too!
The work is already done and the rest is ASSEMBLY, a nice weekend
project.
Don
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
I have chosen a few very meticulous individuals to be distributors of my parts in various areas of the country. The program is still having some bugs worked out and I'm adding a couple more individuals to the list of authorized assemblers of my kits/parts.
With the Type 4 Store opening last year and my engine division taking a different twist at the same time a huge void was created for those who wanted a good, smaller displacement engine that they didn't have to wait 8+ months to get or have to pay my level of attention to detail for.
This group of guys would buy a kit in a hearbeat, but had no one to assemble it for them. This what has led to a few authorized assemblers to assemble these kits across the country/world to fill those voids.
I am still working on the overseas list and adding a few to the US list, but here are those that have made the grade so far and are recommended for engine kit assembly.
Southeast USA
DTM Engineering- Dave Mccutcheon
Dave goes by No H20 here on the forums and is a hardcore aircooled enthusiast (as hardcore as me) that does the damn job right. Dave has spent many days working along side me here at the shop. Dave also does custom engine installs for my RAT engines, so he can build your kit AND install it.
West Coast USA
Orignal Customs- Mark Debernardi
Mark is a great guy with an excellent reputation in the Porsche 914 world. Mark has a wide range of expertise and can assemble the kit, install EFI of your choice and install the powerplant when it's all said and done as well. Mark has experience with Mega Squirt EFI as well as Kit Carlson EMS.
Canada
Mark's Aircooled- Mark Henry
All I can say about Mark is we should be twins... We think alike, work alike, and don't candy coat things. Mark is the man in Canada and even in the New York area of the US as he is located in Ontario. Mark has experience with SDS EFI, Nickies and has been around TIV engines longer than I have! For those in Canada, Mark is the man!
I have 5 more shops that are currently working on assembling either their first kit, or have assembled a couple of kits for their customers. I am awaiting the results of these projects upon their completion and will see how the customer's were treated when dealing with these customers before adding them to my list.
I am only looking for one shop in each region of the US to be these representatives and I govern them and their actions closely. I do not and will not tolerate dishonesty or sloppy work to come from these shops. Each of them know that one legitimate gripe will take them off the list forever.
I would like to add that the customer's of these agents are the direct responsibility of the agent, meaning that I supply the parts but we are in no way responsible for warranty/etc with the finished engines. It is up to the discretion of the agent to state their own warranties for the engines at hand, no engines or parts are covered under warranty from The Type 4 Store. All support, warranty and etc is the responsibility of the assembler/agent- I have hundreds of people to support already and can handle no more!
I hope this answered the questions that you may have had.
With the Type 4 Store opening last year and my engine division taking a different twist at the same time a huge void was created for those who wanted a good, smaller displacement engine that they didn't have to wait 8+ months to get or have to pay my level of attention to detail for.
This group of guys would buy a kit in a hearbeat, but had no one to assemble it for them. This what has led to a few authorized assemblers to assemble these kits across the country/world to fill those voids.
I am still working on the overseas list and adding a few to the US list, but here are those that have made the grade so far and are recommended for engine kit assembly.
Southeast USA
DTM Engineering- Dave Mccutcheon
Dave goes by No H20 here on the forums and is a hardcore aircooled enthusiast (as hardcore as me) that does the damn job right. Dave has spent many days working along side me here at the shop. Dave also does custom engine installs for my RAT engines, so he can build your kit AND install it.
West Coast USA
Orignal Customs- Mark Debernardi
Mark is a great guy with an excellent reputation in the Porsche 914 world. Mark has a wide range of expertise and can assemble the kit, install EFI of your choice and install the powerplant when it's all said and done as well. Mark has experience with Mega Squirt EFI as well as Kit Carlson EMS.
Canada
Mark's Aircooled- Mark Henry
All I can say about Mark is we should be twins... We think alike, work alike, and don't candy coat things. Mark is the man in Canada and even in the New York area of the US as he is located in Ontario. Mark has experience with SDS EFI, Nickies and has been around TIV engines longer than I have! For those in Canada, Mark is the man!
I have 5 more shops that are currently working on assembling either their first kit, or have assembled a couple of kits for their customers. I am awaiting the results of these projects upon their completion and will see how the customer's were treated when dealing with these customers before adding them to my list.
I am only looking for one shop in each region of the US to be these representatives and I govern them and their actions closely. I do not and will not tolerate dishonesty or sloppy work to come from these shops. Each of them know that one legitimate gripe will take them off the list forever.
I would like to add that the customer's of these agents are the direct responsibility of the agent, meaning that I supply the parts but we are in no way responsible for warranty/etc with the finished engines. It is up to the discretion of the agent to state their own warranties for the engines at hand, no engines or parts are covered under warranty from The Type 4 Store. All support, warranty and etc is the responsibility of the assembler/agent- I have hundreds of people to support already and can handle no more!
I hope this answered the questions that you may have had.
-
madpballer
- Posts: 334
- Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:52 am
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
- michaelt55
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:58 am
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
- Plastermaster
- Posts: 2762
- Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2001 12:01 am
- dstar
- Posts: 3733
- Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:01 am
- slowtwitch
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:38 am
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am