K&N FILTER

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
marekv8
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:50 pm

K&N FILTER

Post by marekv8 »

Jake, Is there a K&N equivalent to the air filter elements you're using on your RAT-built engines? I'm assuming that the units you used on my EFI engine are simliar to those for carburetor applications (other than the modified bases).

Thanks, Dave
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Dave,
There is a K&N equivelant but I have not been impressed with them, they seem to be MORE restrictive than the units we provide on the engine and are not needed unless you are in a very dusty climate IMHO... I'd leave it as is if I were you.
marekv8
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:50 pm

Post by marekv8 »

Fair enough, I trust your judgement.

Are replacements available from your shop? One of mine got totally drenched with oil during the long maiden voyage when the oil cap spun itself off somewhere in Mississippi.

Regards, Dave
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Yes, I have them.... about 15 bucks each..
marekv8
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:50 pm

Post by marekv8 »

I didn't see an entry on the Type 4 Store site. How does one order the filters?

Thanks, Dave
Locked