Page 1 of 1

Red German Look Super - looking for details

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:31 pm
by DjMatio
I'm sure you have all seen this car, its from Germanlook.com and it looks fabulous.

Image

I'd like to get your experienced opinion on a few things dealing with this car:

- What brand/type/size wheels do you think these are?
- Are these over-sized fenders? (front and rear)
- What is he using for running boards?

Thank you

Re: Red German Look Super - looking for details

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:49 am
by vujade
DjMatio wrote:I'm sure you have all seen this car, its from Germanlook.com and it looks fabulous.

- What brand/type/size wheels do you think these are?
- Are these over-sized fenders? (front and rear)
- What is he using for running boards?

Thank you
Wheels look like Porsche 17 x 7 Cup 2 Wheels powder coated black.
From the looks of it, I would say 45 series tire, most like 205 or 215 wide.

Cant say for sure, but I would say they look like stock width fenders.

Looks like black carbon fiber running boards.


http://www.wheelenhancement.com/index.p ... tail&id=31

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:26 am
by Cohibra45
Page 58. "Spirit of Carrera" article in 'Dune Buggies and Hot VWs' magazine January 2006 issue.

Same car. look at the license plate. The wheels are Porsche Cup 17x7 and 17x8 running 205/40s and 215/40 Toyo Proxies. It uses a Kamei front spoiler and wider fenders all around (+20mm each). The motor is 2.4l Type 4 103x71, Weber 48 IDAs.

Very trick. What looks like a 'quick fuel fill' on right side is actually an air jack for quick jacking of the car like Formula One and Indy Cars. Strictly a race car for the road. No insullation, full roll cage, Recarro racing buckets..

Great article...

Kelly (Cohibra)

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:37 am
by L.A.R.D
rims are porsche cup 1 , running boards are carbon fibre. all the best Lee,www.laperformance.co.uk/www.germanlook.co.uk

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:44 pm
by DjMatio
Does anyone happen to have this issue??? I can't seem to find a back issue, and the Jan. mag isn't in stores anymore obviously.

Hot vws, correct? I need that article!

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:55 pm
by panel
Cohibra45 wrote:Page 58. "Spirit of Carrera" article in 'Dune Buggies and Hot VWs' magazine January 2006 issue.

Same car. look at the license plate. The wheels are Porsche Cup 17x7
The wheels have a different ring around. It's painted. Weird eh?

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:17 pm
by superdriftbug
i have that issue. its one of my favorites. it looks so freaking beautiful!!