cam bolts

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
User avatar
sgeorgejr
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:42 am

cam bolts

Post by sgeorgejr »

Jake,

i read another post which said not to use washers, however, when i assembled my engine, i did use washers because the cam bolts were hitting the case. I also used blue loctite, should i disassemble and rectify this?
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

What oil pump did you use?

When omitting the washers the cam bolts must be shortened to add clearance between the bolts and the case.
User avatar
sgeorgejr
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:42 am

Post by sgeorgejr »

the 30 mm shadeck from you guys
User avatar
jeck
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:04 pm

Post by jeck »

I shortened my cam bolts (thread end) on the bench grinder. There were no washers included so I thought that adding them might cause clearance problem. They're already shortened on the head from the T4 store.
What type loctite should I use with them?
"Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend’s success."

-Oscar Wilde
Locked