Tachometer in Speedo location???

You know, de-chromed, big Porsche rims, Brembos, etc.,... German Look rules!
User avatar
Kelley
Posts: 855
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:01 am

Tachometer in Speedo location???

Post by Kelley »

I did a search, and basically found nothing.

Here's a pic courtesy of Mikes72sb here on STF, he uses a 914 tach Image I have a PM asking Mike if he did any cutting.

Looking to find out if anyone has put a tach in the stock location of the speedo in a 74 Std T1 with NO cutting of the dash metal, I believe the speedo hole with the bezel in place measures 4 3/8" or 111mm. I think if I can find such a beast, I could fabricate the side brackets for the original stock mounting points. Then I could use a VDO 3 1/8" speedo off to the left with some smaller gauges around both sides of the tach.

North Hollywood Speedometer does VDO custom guage work, wonder if I could have one made?

Anyone have a clue for me?
73 sportsbug
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:21 pm

Post by 73 sportsbug »

just put one in a '65 (non-padded) dash
autogauge monster, had to roll the inner-most lip somewhat, pretty much a press fit i can send you a pic if you want
[/img]
Post Reply