Page 1 of 1

factory Type 4 springs

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:29 am
by dstar5000
Ihave been wondering what the difference between the three different springs used on the T4 engine.

I have different part number listings for:

72-74, 1700cc
18-2000cc solid
78-79 2000cc hydraulic

Are they all the same length?
Which has the highest pressure?

It would seem that since the hydros are 8mm longer, they would
need the highest pressure, due to the weight!

The Bentley says they are rated at 198lbs compressed and
doesn't differentiate.

Can anyone hep a Brutha out?

Len?

Don

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:32 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
I've never noticed a difference in them... Stock springs suck!

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:34 am
by dstar5000
The rev-limiter on the bus is 5400, so stockers work fine!
:lol:

You still taking those out of the AMC heads?

I just need 8..........
:lol:

I bid on that barrel of valves and springs you sold on ESlay,
but I got out bid! :(

Don

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:35 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
We have more than we did on the EBAY buy, now...

1 buck each.

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:40 am
by dstar5000
COOL! :D
I'll add it in the note when I check out!

Don

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:30 am
by dstar5000
Found the set of new springs I had, so I just ordered some extra
retaining wires instead!
:lol:

Don