Page 2 of 9

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:53 pm
by kcnaz
I have been mulling over the reasoning of the over tube on this car, thinking reinforcement. Got any thoughts on the application.
Looks like they are gonna slide up and tie to the beam of course, you think that adds strength to the point of contact?
Image

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:00 pm
by Hedrock
YES... Larger dia. would equal more weld area. Also double thick at beam (sleeved) would be stronger.

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:18 am
by kcnaz
Fence building, gate building, tree planting and home interior make-overs have me outa the shop for a bit...... :oops: :lol: :roll:
CFO has redirected my service for a bit, but I will be back. :)

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:32 am
by Hedrock
kcnaz wrote:Fence building, gate building, tree planting and home interior make-overs have me outa the shop for a bit...... :oops: :lol: :roll:
CFO has redirected my service for a bit, but I will be back. :)

Hurry back... :wink:

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:19 am
by MOCRAWLER
That sounds very familiar.

kcnaz wrote:Fence building, gate building, tree planting and home interior make-overs have me outa the shop for a bit...... :oops: :lol: :roll:
CFO has redirected my service for a bit, but I will be back. :)

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:56 pm
by Leatherneck
kcnaz wrote:Fence building, gate building, tree planting and home interior make-overs have me outa the shop for a bit...... :oops: :lol: :roll:
CFO has redirected my service for a bit, but I will be back. :)
Was wondering what forces of evil have been keeping you away. Hurry up and get back to the important stuff.

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:18 pm
by MOCRAWLER
I have a set of disc brakes, a beam , the arms and spindles that leatherneck sold me.Basically everything for the front end of my car. I bought the paint too.. And now my wife has honey do's for me. Imagine that.

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:44 pm
by kcnaz
OK these are up at the top of the order list........any feed back on the product before I make the purchase? Good or bad product ?
4X1.75 front trailing arms.............Image
http://00009q3.previewcoxhosting.com/Fr ... gArms.html

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:59 am
by DonT
kcnaz wrote:OK these are up at the top of the order list........any feed back on the product before I make the purchase? Good or bad product ?
4X1.75 front trailing arms.............
Never heard anything bad about Eagle products. But I do not have them for first hand experience.

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:54 am
by kcnaz
Hey Don how ya doing..........thanks for the response. How is your car coming along? Post it here buddy. I am looking for a couple tall 16" tires to mount on a 5.5 " wide wheel also.

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:20 am
by kcnaz
kcnaz wrote:OK these are up at the top of the order list........any feed back on the product before I make the purchase? Good or bad product ?
4X1.75 front trailing arms.............Image
http://00009q3.previewcoxhosting.com/Fr ... gArms.html
Ordered---------owner is going on vacation for 3 weeks, I am first on the list for fabrication and delivery when he returns.
From what I understand the lower arms are going to be built with heavier CM. With that change in material the cost is going up. I ordered the arms(new style and the CM link pins.
The wife is gonna be busy this weekend so I can play with the car, :D :D

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:47 am
by Leatherneck
Vacation! KC, tell him you have important things going on and his vacation will have to wait. Good to hear you will have some time to work on the vert.

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:32 pm
by kcnaz
Got the car apart and the pan up on a crude rotisserie, lots of welding under here. New completion date 3-2010.
Image

Anyone ever weld inside here?
Image

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:10 pm
by Leatherneck
KC, thanks for the updates, Is the lower picture of the trailing arm pivots?

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:37 am
by kcnaz
yes sir, rear trailing arm pivots. I cleaned out the puddy and ran a bead on them.