Page 2 of 2

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:17 am
by Muffler Mike
That looks like a lot of work. But very cool.
Dig the four link, but the vice grips have to go. LOL.

the only thing i would think of is this might even be better if you could brake in the cam on the case you will use for that cam to compensate for tolerances in lifter bores.
but you might already be there too.

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:22 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Mike, I can swap cases to the case I will be using.. I made it universal..

The Vice grips were an added option :shock:

I can also use a Type I case and test Type I lifters... Then I really will make some people mad!

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:25 am
by Muffler Mike
MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote: I can also use a Type I case and test Type I lifters... Then I really will make some people mad!

LOL
keep up the great work.

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:50 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Thanks man... Keep up the good driving!

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:33 pm
by NO_H2O
That came out sweet Jake. Cool to see it finished. Did you make a welder out of Chad.

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:11 pm
by Plastermaster
I never ( or have forgotten) seen the Massive logo on your engines. That looks sharp on your valve covers and shroud. Way more class than alot of other aftermarket VW stuff.

Ron

Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:41 pm
by davidcardone
Jake, can I send my cam and lifters to you to be run on the machine? Is that a service you plan to offer?

David

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:30 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
David, Yes you can...The service is 125.00 for an 8 hour cycle.. If it fails I'll send you back the pieces!

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:58 am
by Guest
Jake, $125 is $125, but it's CHEAP insurance. I bought a Webcam 163 with Web lifters from a guy that built a motor and then tore it down. He ran it for what he estimates was about 10 hours or so. The lobes and the lifters look (to me) fine, but I'm still skeptical based on all I've read. Will send them to you this week. What's the turnaround time you estimate?