Page 4 of 5

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:25 am
by alsehendo
I was going to get a stand from you to do stock Cali for Thing stock 2L but have not got around to sending $s. @ $250 I'll wait and take one of these as soon as you get it out.

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:26 am
by DudeAndHisBus
At that price, I'm kinda thinking of selling my DTM and getting one of these instead. I could use the money right now... And I'm not going all that wild with the engine. Just 2.0L with a cam and higher compression...

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:33 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Keep the DTM..

This shroud will not be as easy to install as a DTM, its all do it yourself..

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:41 am
by dstar
DudeAndHisBus wrote:At that price, I'm kinda thinking of selling my DTM and getting one of these instead. I could use the money right now... And I'm not going all that wild with the engine. Just 2.0L with a cam and higher compression...
I'll give ya $50!
:P

Don

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:58 pm
by DudeAndHisBus
MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:Keep the DTM..

This shroud will not be as easy to install as a DTM, its all do it yourself..
Alright, will do.

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:15 pm
by wolfgang
Add me to the waiting list! Will it offer heat option where you can use T2 heater boxes? (For a breezy Speedster replica).

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:31 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
One version will have heater outlets in the shroud.....

The DTM also has this option as well.

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:46 am
by Glass_Buggy
Jake,

I am a lurker and have been gathering things to do the Type IV conversion. I have been watching this thread and am very excited about this. The cost of the DTM was a major hinderance. This is going to make it possible. Put me in line for one of these. I will definitely buy one when you get them "perfected"!

Thanks,
Mike

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:44 pm
by Cheeky Monkey
Jake, will you be willing to ship to the UK please, please, please ?

Thanks

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:56 pm
by CheekyMonkey
Cheeky Monkey wrote:Jake, will you be willing to ship to the UK please, please, please ?

Thanks
Sorry - lost my log in details / screwed up generally :oops:

Anyway, in my (tempted out of lurking) non Guest form, same question please Jake :D

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:00 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Shipping to the UK is no sweat now...

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:56 pm
by CheekyMonkey
MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:Shipping to the UK is no sweat now...
ImageOne happy monkey :D

I'll definitely have one - only reason I wouldn't is if I decided it was still too much work for me, which would make the case for the value of the DTM

I've got a 1.7 which I'm thinking of putting 96mm barrels and pistons on (which I believe will require some work on the heads) so am in the target market for the cali on steroids 8)

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:30 pm
by Guest
Any more on this yet?

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:14 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Waiting on the mold maker....

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:13 am
by VielziDub2
This sounds very interesting! I hope that it will be available to us in the UK! I have decided to go CAli and have Joe's manual, but if this is going to be affordable, then it makes sence to pay for the quality and ease of fit I'm sure you will provide.

What's going to be next Jake? A Porsche style cooling conversion you will put your name to? Surely you could get it to work! Just so I could then say "Look at my Porsche (914) engine in the back of my Ghia!" and it would look like a Porsche engine! :lol:

The fan shroud to be used, I take it is going to be a copy of that "junk" chrome thing you used during the Type 1 DTM tests and found to excell itself.

Keep up the good work!

Dan