Page 1 of 1

top hung pedals/ and other project pics

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:39 am
by Hot Wheels
anybody done a set of circle track style top hung pedals in a buggy? got some pics? Im stuck on the tub buggy, neal floor mounts are just not cutting it in the limited space available with my size 12 stompers. Really bad foot angle, makes my ankles sore just testing it. If i can reverse the pedals and hang them it would really help. Master cylenders cant go out the front though as the gas tank is in front of the firewall. I hung the neals upside down and backwards to get a feel for it and maybe with remote reseviors it could work with the right pedal setup.

Ill post up pics of the mock up here in a bit.

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/ ... e%20Buggy/

Link to all the recent buggy pics.

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:52 am
by v8eater
I getting ready to build another buggy and would like to see some hung pedals too.
James L.

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:57 am
by Hot Wheels
Image

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:09 am
by Hot Wheels
Image

Another project ive been working on is running a "sprint style bar from the rear shock mount out to the side bars. I roughed this one in the other nite but im not really diggin it. I want to tie the shock mount into another structure and give a little more side protection at the same time if possible. Probably goint to try a longer and a shorter version as well as the stronger straight version before i make up my mind. Then I need to get started on the rear cage before I finish out the body work.

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:55 am
by Leatherneck
Doesn't DeserGuy or Skidmark have top hung pedals?

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:33 am
by Hot Wheels
Image

Decision made. By tearing apart the CNC pedals and removing the pivot shaft I could hang the bracket upside down and stick the cylenders out the front under the tank. Got the height and angle I wanted. The only down side is the fill will be really a bear to get to under the tank and the hood. I think im going to drill holes in the caps and make a fill tube setup to a remote location. I can take the drivers wheel off to replace a cyl but most of the time you just need to add fluid.

Hope to get the perminant mounts made tonight. Really made the difference for my 6'2" frame and size 12s down on the pedals. This thing may be comfortable to drive yet! I may go to a fuel cell as well so it would allow me some more leeway up front with the pedal equipment.

Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:10 am
by Leatherneck
Great idea especially the remote fill. Take plenty of pics and post them for us.

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:29 am
by Hot Wheels
Pics from the weekend Image

Image

Image

Image

Added the side bars to the tree bars from the shock mount to add strength to both as well as a cup style mount to the top of the shock so it is double shear and will help keep the shock away from the body if anything ever did go wrong. Wrapping up lots of little issues that have been bothering me about the project. Ended up using the subaru brat rear seats with the grab handles for the kids. Progress at last.

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:35 pm
by Skidmark
My CNC pedals are floor mount...

Nice work. It looks cool!

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:16 am
by Leatherneck
Here are some pics that Lee sent me. They are from a friend of his who has run the Baja 1000 a couple of times didn't make it but it was not the pedals fault.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:30 pm
by fusername
jyeah, on my rail i needed to address the whole room for feet issue, so now im cutting and shortening some stock VW pedals, and taking about an inch of brakes and gass. so much nicer for my poor lil 13s.

silly giants, beetles are for ladies! :roll:

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:39 pm
by Hot Wheels
Image

Image

Image

Latest pics, body is in the shop now getting final glass rework and fill from the mods there. Hope to finish out the frame mods next week and get the chassis and cage out to the powder coater. Need to make the tail bars first I suppose then to the coaters...

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:45 pm
by allsierra123
There is a write up on it on I think its blind chicken's site.