Page 1 of 1

Convert turnsignals from Black Box to Pre-Black Box??

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:20 am
by bluebug66
Please forgive me if this has been covered before. I need a Plan B if I cannot find a working 6V Black Box relay for my 66 bug. I am talking about about the rectangular (9 pin-?) box that controls the turnsignal and emergency flasher functions. It would seem as though I could give up having the emergency flashers and just have a simple turnsignal flasher relay like the older cars had. Has anyone done this and do you have any re-wiring tips that I could use? It may come down to either something like this or using hand signals every time I make a turn. Thanks in advance.

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:32 am
by MNAirHead
how far out in the future are you looking..

I'm converting our 66 to 12 volt.. you can have any of the working parts you need.. OR will be doing a 6-12 conversion earlier this summer

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:25 am
by bluebug66
I did get one of my swap meet black boxes to work, so everything works fine now. I also found out how to wire around the black box to a six volt flasher in case the black box craps out sometime down the road. Just a matter of lifting wires and putting them on the flasher. Thanks for your help.