Pre assembly testing of wires
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:33 am
I'm in the reassembly stage of my 69 bug ( body off), and want to check
the wiring before it's put back in place. I have a multi meter and
enthusiasm but admit that electrical things are not my strong point.
Is it worth while to do a resistance check on each wire to make sure
there are no breaks or corrision issues? I had thought to replace or solder
all the connections, but they all look fine, no frays, minimal apparent
crud.
I did take a dremel & flapper to the fuse block terminals, all solid and
now shiney.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
the wiring before it's put back in place. I have a multi meter and
enthusiasm but admit that electrical things are not my strong point.
Is it worth while to do a resistance check on each wire to make sure
there are no breaks or corrision issues? I had thought to replace or solder
all the connections, but they all look fine, no frays, minimal apparent
crud.
I did take a dremel & flapper to the fuse block terminals, all solid and
now shiney.
Any ideas would be appreciated.