Page 1 of 1

Hit and Run

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:48 pm
by perrib
A nieghbors kid side swiped a customers one owner 1988 Jetta that was parked and ran off.
Image

Image

Image
I found some perfect doors (before the hail storm) but of course they were black.
Saturday I stripped the doors to a shell and painted the insides.
Image

Image
I did not get to far today but they are on and I roughed out the front fender.
Image
While not visable the impact cracked the bondo and paint on an old repair to the drivers C pillar.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Rage Gold bondo my favorite. It does not clog sand paper.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Not much accomplished today. Since I don't have my heat lamps anymore I'm letting the Marson's ureathane primer surfacer dry 24 hours. Plans are to spot and blend the front fender then install the drivers door.
Evercoat 2 part spot putty. Great stuff. It does not shrink.
Image

Image
Note the old damage to the edge of the fender that was hidden by the wheel opening moulding.
Image

I accomplished a bit more today, most of the block sanding is done. One more coat of primer here and there should do it.
Image

[Image

Image

The good thing is I got the color done on the front fender. Now I can mount the drivers front door. The paint is fine but the shadows make it look bad.
Image

I let the primer dry a day or two between block sanding
and repriming.
Image
I sprayed color on Thursday.
Image
SEM plastic dye. Great stuff.
Image

Image
Right side trim plastic trim dyed.
Image
Now it is ready for the next 360,000 miles.

Re: Hit and Run

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:42 am
by doc
Super instructive pics. Nice!! :D

doc

Re: Hit and Run

Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:34 am
by craigvwdude
Nice job!