Page 1 of 3

My oval on 19's

Posted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:01 pm
by airwerks
Whatcha guys think???

Image

I'm gonna have to get wider fenders(all around) and there isn't an engine in the back to make it level, but you get the idea.

Posted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:20 pm
by BOYGENIUS
I like it. How wide are the rims???

Posted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:27 pm
by volkdent
Very, Very nice. Did you have to tub out the front and rear? What kind of turning radius are you looking for? Keep it up!!!

Jason

Posted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:13 pm
by MondoMan
DAMN :shock:

Posted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:56 pm
by airwerks
Thanks!

The wheels are 7.5's with 215/35 proxes t1s tires.

The rears almost fit.... a little rubbage on the outer fenders. There is only about an 1/8" between the springplate and the tire :shock:

I had already tubbed the fronts a little at the rear of the inner fender (It had 17x7's before) but are going to need to be whacked quite a bit to get as much turning radius as I want. In that pic the the front tire is rubbing on the underside of the fender :cry:

Re: My oval on 19's

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:12 am
by trevor_brady
airwerks wrote:Whatcha guys think???

Image

I'm gonna have to get wider fenders(all around) and there isn't an engine in the back to make it level, but you get the idea.
would be a real shame to get wider fender on that bug. it just looks "right" with the wheels up under the fenders. Is there any other way of keeping the wheels under stock fenders?

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:26 am
by Mikes72sb
It looks like one of those cartoon cars...

which is good :wink:

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:06 am
by junkyardoval
Looking very good.

Ernie

looking great!

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:39 pm
by slim_mckenzie
What´s the name of those rims ?..they look fantastic !..i want them on my Notchback..: )..

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:15 pm
by airwerks
The rims are ICW fuel

I hear you about the fenders........ Ive been thinkin about it alot. I am going to stay stock fenders. Looks like Ive got to tub the sh*t out of the front end!!!!

If the tires come in they will come off of the underside of the fender where they are rubbing now.

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:51 am
by theo_m24
airwerks wrote:I hear you about the fenders........ Ive been thinkin about it alot. I am going to stay stock fenders.
More work but it sure does look nicer IMO..............

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:46 pm
by Maxi
Your ride looks awsome! I live on the other side of the world and these modifications are not common. Can you describe your mods? Such as the narrowed beam, your choicie of brakes. I think those wheels are 5x100. What about the rear? Any mods? It looks IRS´ed.
Thanks a lot for the cool pics!
Maxi

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:09 pm
by airwerks
The beam is 3"-worked for the 17's, 19's cant turn. I think I'm gonna weld up a 7" and see where it gets me.

Front brakes (for now) are csp 5x100 ghia rotors. I'm gonna have the brake rotor portion lathed off and use a slip on rotor (either 13 or 14") Not decided on calipers yet, but definetly at least 2pot.

Rear brakes are rotors off of the front of a dodge stratus (11"), hubs are t3 drum hubs lathed to fit and bolt pattern drilled, calipers are off of the frong of a dodge spirit r/t

It is IRS'd, but I gotta get everything bolted together before I decide how much (or if) i'm gonna narrow it. The IRS arms are flipped side to side-Negative camber is attained about an inch from the height in the picture(lower)

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:36 am
by Maxi
Thanks for the info!!! Can you estimated how lowered the bug is? Please keep us updated with your ride progress!

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:13 pm
by airwerks
I didn't count how much it is lowered...... balljoints are bottomed, cb 2.5" drop spindles and the pan head is moved up 1.5" When I do the new beam I'm gonna cut the pan head off and move it up 3" so it can have some suspension travel.

I did all the previous work when it was on 17's and everything fit just right. Having to cut the pan head off again is kinda frustrating :?