deck height
Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:43 am
In the middle of building my 74*94. Got to the point where I need to set the deck height. Due to the longer stroke crank and A Barrels the piston sticks out the top of the barrel by 0.025". I want to set the compression ratio at about 9-9.5 . I figured that if I set the deck height to .045" this will give a compression of 9.3. To get this then I need to space the barrels by .070.
Problem I have is that I can't find .070 spacers. so the questions is can I use 2 spacers to get this height a .040 and a .030 or can I use a .040 spacer and a .030 copper cylinder head Gasket? Do I need to use a head gasket or is it ok to place the head directly on the barrel with no copper gasket?
All help would be greatly appreciated.
Dan
Problem I have is that I can't find .070 spacers. so the questions is can I use 2 spacers to get this height a .040 and a .030 or can I use a .040 spacer and a .030 copper cylinder head Gasket? Do I need to use a head gasket or is it ok to place the head directly on the barrel with no copper gasket?
All help would be greatly appreciated.
Dan