Page 1 of 2

Updated TIV lifters- All previous lifter customers read here

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:47 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Okay guys..
We are constantly trying to make lifters better and we have yet again done this..

The lifters we have had in the store to date have been working great. We have had two failures out of about 120 sales, so thats not too bad and I feel its acceptable these days.

I have been playing with some new lighter weight lifters and each and every person who has bought cams/lifters from us will be getting a set of these in the mail with a note in the next few days. If you have already assembled your engine and its already been fired up, simply slap the return label on them and mail them back.

If your engine is assembled, but not yet been fired up then swap these lifters with your originals and send the originals back to us so we can complete the newest processes to them to further enhance them so we can get them back in stockand ready for re-distribution. The return label and postage will be included with the replacement lifters as well as a return envelope.

These new lifters are FORTY GRAMS LIGHTER than the originals and are a direct replacement in every other regard.

I want to stress that the lifters we have been selling are fine and are performing as tested/expected, but these newest lifters are even better, even harder and even lighter. These days a lifter can never be good enough and I want to provide the best I can all the time.

The new lifters are 65.00 more per set but all our previous customers won't be getting charged a dime for them- Merry Christmas... Just send your originals back to us!

Expect these late next week in your mailbox!!!! Call me/ email me with questions if you have any.

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:20 am
by Ruzty
Now thats what I call a dedicated professional.

Most companies would just say "Hay, we got these new lifters that are even better! Come buy a set!"

You just earned some business from me Jake.
Soon as I get a Type4 to work on that is. :D

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:14 am
by samcat
Again, WOW! Thats some customer service!

I guess I wont be getting a set though... Seeing as I have Ceramics from you ;)

Cheers,
Sam C

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:29 am
by vw505
I think he will take them back and send you a set of his new ones . :lol:

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:48 am
by 67 newbie
That is absolutely awesome.. I get more and more impressed everday by Jake's dedication to this field and his customers.

Way to go Jake.

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:35 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Thanks guys...

I'm just trying to treat everyone the way I would like to be treated- thats all...

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:42 am
by jonas_linder
whats make them ligther ? just curious!

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:01 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
The lifters we have been selling since February were based from an OEM lifter. They weigh 140 grams. The newer lifters are a 2 piece design and that allows the inside of the lifter to be further modified, reducing weight.

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:28 pm
by zydeco
Jake,

Is this for the Type4Store customers or for your engine customers (kit and turnkey)?

Brian

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:38 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Type 4 store customers since opening day, Feb 1, 2005...

This does not cover complete engine customers (from any time period)or kit customers prior to Feb 1, 2005.

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:36 pm
by Greggyboy
I bought lifters from you before but not through the type4store. Am I covered?

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:31 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
No... Read the message!

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:15 pm
by Al Fodel
Jake, what do we owe you if we want to keep both sets? Al

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:14 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
55.00
I really want to get them back so I can treat them to the newest processes-

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:37 pm
by arlo
Thats really amazing! Does this apply to both the "Reground Parkerized Stock Lifters" and the Reground/Modified Lifters,New" from the catalog?